Expert Mulch in Cranberry township, Wexford, Zelienople, PA & Their Surrounding Areas!
What Do We Include In Our Mulch Services?
Why Trust Lawns & Beyond to Handle Your Mulch Needs?
There are many choices for all your property maintenance needs. Here’s why you should trust Lawns and Beyond for your home or business.
- NExperience - Lawns and Beyond has been in business in the area for over five years! We know our work and our community.
- NQuality - We take the time to do every task right and only use the best products from our trusted vendors.
- NCustomer Service - We want you to love working with us and do our best to make your experience an excellent one.
- NVariety - It's nice to have a one-stop shop for all your landscaping needs. We can handle your hardscaping, landscaping, mulch, and more.
- NCommunication - You can only have a good relationship with good communication. We're careful to understand our customers' needs and keep in touch.
How Does Mulching Help Your Landscape?
Weed and Pest Control
The texture and smell of certain mulches can also dispel pests. Many animals, including bugs and rodents, don’t like the smell of cedar, for example. Soft-bodied pests like slugs, meanwhile, don’t want to crawl over anything with rough or sharp edges.
Keeps in the Good Stuff
When you water your gardens, you fight slope and evaporation—mulch battles both by keeping your water from getting away. The water is then able to percolate down into the roots of your plants.
Mulch also helps to insulate. In the summer, it blocks the sun’s rays from burning the roots of your plants. In the winter, it prevents those same roots from freezing.
How Do I Pick the Right Mulch?
Organic Vs Inorganic
Many varieties of mulch are made from tree bark, nut shells, hay, or other plant materials. In addition, inorganic mulches are made from materials like stone, plastic pellets, polished glass, or rubber.
Organic varieties will eventually break down and feed your soil, while the others will last much longer but not act as a fertilizer.
Color and Texture
Mulch is also a decoration, so you’ll want to pick the right one for the aesthetic of your home and gardens. We often use color and material to create the perfect backdrop for the flowers they surround. Contrast is an essential element of landscape design.
And if pest control is part of your goal, you’ll want to pick a material with rougher edges.
If you want help with mulching your home or business’s landscape in Cranberry, Wexford, Zelienople, or the surrounding areas of PA, call the experts at Lawns and Beyond for all your property management needs!